The aperitivo hour dip to end all dips, this whipped ricotta is light and full of bright flavours with the gentle creaminess mingling with the sweet and saltiness of the honey and prosciutto. Absolute heaven in 10 minutes!
- 1 cup fresh whole milk ricotta
- Fresh basil
- Fresh thyme
- Wild Nectar honey
- 4-5 slices of prosciutto
- Small drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Screw of pepper
- Take a baking sheet and line it with foil, then top it with a baking rack. (This is so that as the fat drips off the prosciutto it will stay underneath the meat allowing it to get nice and crispy and preventing it from sitting in the oil.) Place the piects of prosciutto carefully on the baking rake and bake at 200C for approx. 10 mins being careful not to burn. Set aside to cool.
- Add the whole milk ricotta to a small-medium mixing bowl and whip the ricotta for approximately 2 minutes until it is smooth, light, and creamy.
- Add salt & cracked pepper to taste
- Spread on a serving plate
- Drizzle liberally with honey to taste
- Tear the basil leaves and scatter along with the thyme over the top
- Crunch up the crispy prosciutto and scatter liberally on top
- Serve with Lingue di Suocera (mother-in-law’s tongues!) or crispy baguette and an aperitivo cocktail.