Looking for the perfect winter salad, with a delectable dressing?
We're addicted to Nigella Lawson's radicchio and blue cheese salad with citrus, grain mustard and honey dressing. It's incredibly moreish, and works as a substantial side dish or a starter. We made it here with curly radicchio which is crunchy but not quite as punchy as the Treviso variety.
Dressings are great with a squeeze of honey as it complements the flavours with a touch of sweet without overpowering, and keeps the honey raw.
For the Dressing:
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Wild Nectar Orange Blossom Honey
- 15ml olive oil
- A drop of sesame oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
For the salad:
- 1 large or 2 small radicchio
- 100g blue cheese - we prefer a sharp one like stilton to balance the honey citrus
- 100g fresh walnut halves or broken up - Nigella uses chestnuts, but we prefer walnuts!
Put all dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake to mix. Toss salad ingredients together and drizzle with Nigella's Delicious Dressing!