Crunchy honeycomb is simple to make and can be used in so many creative ways.. it is wonderful as a garnish on a cake, in a parfait, or simply stirred through your ice-cream for an fantastic easy dessert. It is also a great gift!
- 200g caster sugar
- 5 tbsp Wild Nectar Honey
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Line a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- Stir the caster sugar and Wild Nectar Honey together in a deep saucepan over a gentle heat until the sugar has melted. Don't forget to use a deep saucepan as when the bi-carb soda hits, it really rises!
- Try not to let the mixture bubble until the sugar grains have disappeared.
- Once completely melted, turn up the heat a little and simmer until you have an amber coloured caramel (this won’t take long), then as quickly as you can, turn off the heat, tip in the bicarbonate of soda and beat in with a wooden spoon until it has all disappeared and the mixture is foaming.
- Scrape into the tin immediately – be careful, the mixture will be very hot.
- The mixture will continue bubbling in the tin, simply leave it and in about 1-1.5 hours the honeycomb will be hard and ready to crumble or snap into chunks.